Friday, March 26, 2010

National Capital Area Cake Show

I just came back from Virginia, where I attended the National Capital Area Cake Show. This show is one of the biggest in the country and is attended by many of the top sugar artists.  Attendees have the opportunity to take classes, attend demonstrations, watch live cake challenges and compete in a wedding cake or themed competition. While I was there, I was fortunate enough to be able to attend classes taught by two of my absolute favorite cake designers, Anne Heap of the Pink Cake Box (www.pinkcakebox.com)  and Zane Beg of The Sweet Life (www.thesweetlife.com). If they look a little familiar, it may be because you have seen one or both of these incredibily talented people compete on the Food Network Challenge and TLC's Ultimate Cake-Off. With instructors like Zane and Anne, it is hard to go wrong! Here are a few pictures of my completed cakes:



This cute little dragon is "busting out" of the cake!



With the ever-so-talented Zane Beg!



I embellished my jungle birthday cake topper with jungle leaves and the number two
 when I got home


The fine details



With Anne Heap--one of my idols in the world of cake!

No comments: